Get the Most out of Your Gas Tank this Summer
The hottest parts of summer are still in front of us here in the Pacific Northwest. So as we get into the summer driving season it's important to take some time to make sure that your car is ready for the many miles about to be added to the odometer. There are a few simple maintenance services you can have completed to your vehicle to improve its current MPGs, but there are also a few good driving habits to keep your fuel efficiency up. Check out these simple tips to get better miles per gallon so you can spend more time on the road and less money at the gas station during your next road trip!
Auto Maintenance Tips
Routine auto maintenance is crucial in order to extend the life of your vehicle, but it also helps improve MPGs Check out these simple maintenance tips to increase your fuel economy.
- Keep tires properly inflated - Tires that are under-inflated take more power from the engine to turn, so keep that rubber pumped up!
- Change the spark plugs - Spark plugs are what create the tiny explosion that powers the pistons up and down. If the plugs become dirty they may misfire, which is not only a big waste of fuel but can cause damage to the engine.
- Replace the air filter - A clogged air filter can prevent the proper amount of air from mixing with the fuel to create a smooth running engine. The vehicle will burn addition gas to compensate!
- Keep up with scheduled maintenance - Your vehicle has a service schedule in its owner's manual. Be sure to always have these maintenances completed, including changing the oil on time!
Simple Driving Tips
By following these easy driving tips you can improve your MPGs!
- Lighten the load - If you have any excess weight in your car you should remove it, For every extra 100 pounds your fuel efficiency can drop between 2-3%.
- Drive the speed limit - Most cars are designed to get maximum fuel efficiency at about 55-60 MPG, a common speed limit on many highways. The faster you go above this the more fuel your car will need to use to make the engine work harder.
- Avoid long idles - There is no reason to let cars idle. If you're going to be stopped in your car for more than a minute or so, shut it off!
Get the most from your car this summer! Head to ONB Automotive for expert auto maintenance in Everett before you hit the road. Our full service auto repair shop can handle any service your car needs! Give us a call at (425) 317-9618 to request a quote or schedule an appointment for professional auto repair in Everett today!
O.N.B. Automotive Blog
Written and Published By MORBiZ
Expert Auto Repair in Everett, WA
Helpful Tips for Boosting MPGs
Common Automotive Problems that Cause No-Start
What are common symptoms of brake trouble?
What is Transmission Service?
Does My Car Need a Wheel Alignment?
Car Trouble that Stinks!
What does it mean to be a dealership alternative
5 Repairs You Should Never Put Off
What is Scheduled Auto Maintenance?
Auto Maintenance to Prepare your Car for Winter
How can I tell which type of automotive fluid is leaking?
9 Issues to Check When Buying a Used Car
Top Signs of an Exhaust Leak
Does My Car Need Transmission Service?
Most Common Auto Electric Problems
Customer Reviews of ONB Automotive Repair in Everett, WA
No Gas: Common Fuel System Failures
4 Symptoms of Suspension Failure
General Signs of it is Time for Auto Repair
The Importance of the Oil Change
5 Symptoms of a Failed Cooling System
Top Signs it is Time for an Engine Rebuild
Does this Mean I Need Brake Repair? Yes!
Tips for PNW Winter Driving: We're Not Out of the Weather Yet!
Do I Need to Replace the Alternator?
Understanding Commercial Fleet Vehicle Maintenance
What does that Light Mean? Common Dashboard Warning Lights
Simple Auto Maintenance to Prepare Your Vehicle for Winter
Is it Time for Engine Repair? 4 Signs that Say Yes
How do I know if My Car has an Exhaust Leak?
Get the Most out of Your Gas Tank this Summer
Common Signs your Vehicle Needs Transmission Repair
Time for new shocks or struts? Here is how to tell!
What is a Tune Up and When Do I Need One?
How to use your senses to detect car trouble
What's Leaking From My Car?
If this Happens it is Time for Clutch Repair
3 Signs Your Vehicle Needs Exhaust Repair
What is Preventative Auto Maintenance & Why is it Important?
Is it time to set up a fleet vehicle maintenance plan?
Does my Car Need Cooling System Repair?
5 Common Signs You Need Ignition Repair
Help! I Need AC Repair to Beat the Heat
5 Major Signs Your Car Needs an Alignment
5 Must Know Symptoms of Brake Trouble
Hard Starts: 4 Signs of Starter Failure
5 Smells that Mean Trouble for Your Car
Is it Time for Timing Belt Replacement?
3 Common Signs of Major Engine Trouble
Squealing Brakes and 4 Other Signs of Trouble
5 Tips to Improve Fuel Efficiency this Winter
Why are Oil Changes so Important?
4 Common Reasons the Check Engine Light Comes On
Common Auto Electric Problems
4 Reasons for Transmission Failure
Top 4 Basic Home Auto Maintenance Tips
When is it Time for Suspension Repair?
Brake Service, Care and Maintenance
Proper Radiator Maintenance and Care
5 Signs that Your Car Needs a Tune-Up
The Importance of 30/60/90K Factory Maintenance